Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Waiting

One of the worst things in dating is the waiting. I was talking to a friend about this. Sometimes waiting happens because of a misunderstanding, but normally it’s because one of two participates isn’t interested.

I am reminded of one of my favorite movies, “He’s just not that into you” and the advice Alex gives Gigi, “Trust me when I say if a guy is treating you like he doesn’t [care], he genuinely doesn’t [care]. No exceptions.” And one of the first lessons taught in the movie that “If a guy doesn’t call you, he doesn’t want to call you.”

I’ve been there. Waiting for a boy to call is the worst. I hate it! Mostly because with my experience they don’t call.. ever! I don’t get it either. Why on earth bother to ask for my number if you had no intention of using it?

Another thing Alex tells Gigi is that if a guy wants to be with a girl, he will make it happen, and told her once he called every girl with the name of a girl he liked in the phone book till he found the right one. A few months ago I actually had a boy call me that I didn’t give my number to. It was awesome! I was so impressed, and quite shocked, that the boys I did give my number to never called me, but this one who I didn’t.. did. :)

Unfortunately, that didn’t work out, as you can tell. I’m still single. It was as if he was playing with one of those flowers, you know? “I like her, I like her not, I like her, I like her not..” I couldn’t stand the mix signals or this silly waiting game he was playing so I took that flower (metaphorically) and smashed it to the ground and moved on to a different boy interests. Who ended up not liking me either. No big surprise there.

Oh well. That’s how this dating game works. For me anyways. It’s never a two way street. Either the boy likes me or I like him. Never is it that we like each other. I try to give the guys that like me a shot, but for one reason or another it doesn’t work out. Perhaps I’m meant to be forever single. *Shrug*

Sincerely,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment