Saturday, November 12, 2011

Interesting Date Experience..

Alright! Do I have a funny story for you. I promised you dating stories and here is one from last year. October of 2010. It’s a good one. A LOL for sure. ;)

So, this was a blind date. One of my friends asked me one day if I was dating anyone. Why? Well she knew of a really nice guy she like to set me up with. okay. what they hey. I haven’t had one of those for a while. They always make for a good story, and trust me this one defiantly does. ;)

So I gave her my number as requested and she told me she pass it along. Few days later I talked to her again. (via facebook chat) I told her he hadn’t called yet, and wonder if she had indeed passed my number along. She told me she get him on it right then and there. Whoa. okay. and sure enough a few minutes later my phone rang.. it was.. get this.. His Mother! That’s right! His mother called and asked me out to dinner. I wasn’t prepared for that and wasn’t sure how to respond. She said he asked her to call on his behave. Alright.


Maybe he is really shy. Being shy myself I understand (some what) his predicament. I remember thinking it was one of two things.. 1. He really was too chicken to call me himself, or 2. He had no interest in meeting me and it was all his mother’s doing. like she told him to call me, and his response was “No. You call her.” and wasn’t really expecting her to. Hum. Or perhaps, like one of my friends told me when I told her, that it was secret option number 3. He had no idea about his mother’s set up and was actually a really cool guy. ;)

Anyways, the night of the date I was running late at work and I so I decided to call and let them know. (common courtesy and all) It was pretty awkward situation. who do I ask for? Him or his mother? I called and asked for both. The person on the phone was laughing pretty hysterically and mimicking me while handing the phone over to my date. lol! serves him right for not calling me himself. I thought at the time it was perhaps a brother, however I learned later it was his father. (I find that to be more funny actually) He was super nice on the phone. Totally understanding. :)


Dinner ended up being really good. Food tasted great. homemade after all. So Yeah. It was pretty awkward. I mean.. how many first dates (blind date too for that matter) are there that are double with parents? Yeah.. There’s a reason they aren’t that common. It was actually better than I was expecting. They are very nice people. After dinner his father left. Had somewhere to be. (my guess is that it was too weird for him. lol.) Then the three of us went and talked in the other room. It was.. okay.. it was an interesting experience. Never had a “chaperon” date before. I won’t recommend them.

After the date I concluded it was option #2. He sarcastically told his mother to call me, and she didn’t catch the sarcasm.. just my guess. I never heard from him again, which is okay by me.

Moral of the story: blind dates make for some really funny stories. Trust me I have more. ;) and also.. when I mother ask you out.. say No. Chances are it’s her idea, not his. And even if it is his idea.. a moma’s boy isn’t the way to go. Wish someone would have told me that before. Oh well. The experience still makes me laugh and I hope it made you laugh too. ;)

Sincerely,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment