Monday, November 21, 2011

Charity

I feel I learned a lot today from my good friend Cathy about Charity. Loving someone as our Heavenly Father does. I texted her this morning about a stupid boy (who is just a friend by the way,) and she shared with me some really great advice. Show me some perspective. I really needed that. Helped me not be so mad, and more understanding. It’s okay to be upset and disappointed in someone’s actions, but it doesn’t call for hate. It’s okay to love the person, and hate the sin. People do stupid things, but everyone needs a friend. Encouragement goes a lot farther then criticizing and judging someone for doing something stupid and wrong. After all it’s not our place to judge. It’s our place to love, like Christ loves and follow His example. It’s not always easy, but it is possible. Thank you Cathy. You are awesome. :)

Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment