Thursday, November 3, 2011

Time Table of the Lord


Elder Richard G. Scott counseled: “If you are single and haven’t identified a solid prospect for celestial marriage, live for it. Pray for it. Expect it in the timetable of the Lord. Do not compromise your standards in any way that would rule out that blessing on this or the other side of the veil. The Lord knows the intent of your heart. His prophets have stated that you will have that blessing as you consistently live to qualify for it. We do not know whether it will be on this or the other side of the veil. But live for it. Pray for it.”

I keep this quote tucked away in my scriptures and read it often. Just recently I received the similar advice from my Mother in one of her old journals. I had no idea she used to have the same fear I face today, and knew that one day I would need her advice on the matter.

“I used to be afraid I’d never get married. Even though I knew someday I would, I was afraid no one would ever love me in a marrying kind of way. I just couldn’t imagine my dreams all coming true. But I kept reminding myself that ‘Heavenly Father loves me and wants me to be a happy- so when the time is right, I’ll be married.’ I remember the summer of ’76, pleading with the Lord to please let me find my Mr Right. I wanted SO much to be loved and to love. I wanted to be married! But I had to find patience and develop faith in my Father and trust his judgment. Now, everything has worked out very well. Two years later I was married to my wonderful husband.”

Her words bring me comfort and hope. I know that my Heavenly Father loves me, and wants me to be happy- so when the time is right, I’ll be married. :)

Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment