Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Ryan Scale


Okay, So my last post I told you all about my ideal date. Now I’ll tell you about a not so Ideal date. True story too. Sort of. It’s a dream I had.

But, before I tell you about the dream I'm going to give you some real life back ground. One day my good friend Cathy and I were traveling on the bus together. I look over and see the most gorgeous man I think I've ever seen in my entire life! When we got off the bus she turn to me and asked me if I'd seen him. Heck yes I did! We were totally checking out the same man. How funny is that? For the next few hours we couldn’t help but keep talking about him, and playing a game of a sort of coming up with a name for him. We finally settled on the name Ryan. Since then it's been an inside joke of ours. Whenever we tell each other about a boy we like and admire, or have a date with, we ask each other where he is on the Ryan scale. LOL. One day we were IMing on facebook, when Harry Potter was coming out and I look over and see Voldemort. EK!! Defiantly a zero on the Ryan scale. :/ so that is the back ground of how the Ryan scale came to be. Ryan a Ten. Voldemort a Zero.

Now onto my dream..

So this dream date of mine. It started with my friend Liz coming over with a boy for me. She was hinting to both of us that she was setting us up. He was a total fox! aka Ryan! ;) So course I was interested! So we went out on a date. ;)

It was.. an interesting date. Not really what I was expecting. It started off with small little errors. For example he forgot to open my door. Okay, I suppose I could let that slide. Next he took me to a horrible restaurant. Okay. I guess food is food. We had really weird awkward silences and he asked the strangest questions. (huh?) And he made fun of me! (Excuse me jerkface?) As he was losing "points" he was going down on the Ryan scale major- getting uglier and uglier with each jerk action. Oh it doesn’t end there! Next he forgot his wallet and couldn't pay for the meal and strangely enough I forgot mine too. We ended up having to wash dishes to pay for out meal! And lastly he didn't even bother walking me to the door! Total curp side drop off! In the end he became as ugly as Lord Voldemort, no nose and all. :/

What a strange dream right? It was nightmare! I'm glad it was only a dream. Could you imagine if it wasn't? That would have been so awful! I told my friend Cathy my dream and she thought that it was awesome.. even though it wasn't.. LOL

I suppose in thinking about this, it would be pretty awesome to be able to tell a man’s character by the way he looked.

A while back I had really cool revelation experience. As I was at institute with my friends and feeling super stupid for falling for another player type boy (I’ll get more into talking about players in a future post) A scripture from the page we were on popped out at me. D&C 18:38. “And by their desire and their works you shall know them.” And was reminded of this dream I had. :) I thought it was really cool how that happen. It was a nice little reminder that I can tell from a man’s desires and works who he is inside. His inner beauty, or is inner ugliness. :)

Sincerely,
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. The Ryan scale is one of my most favorite things. This post cracks me up! I've read it a few times and I still laugh out loud. I actually don't even have to read it, I can just think about it and start laughing. LOVE LOVE LOVE May you get the best Ryan there ever was with good work to prove his worthiness of a Ryan award.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. thanks Cathy. :)I'm glad it made you laugh. After all we made up the Ryan scale together. ;)
    I hope you find your Ryan as well.

    ReplyDelete