Monday, October 24, 2011

Baseball Dating for Mormons


So.. this baseball analogy came to be because of a dream I had. I was on a date with this super cute guy and we held hands.
It was a lovely dream. :)
I told my friend Julee about it the next day and she said “Ooo. Holding hands? Is that like second base?” and that is how this whole analogy came to be. :) In thinking about this dating game compared to baseball, Julee and I came up with what each “base” of the dating process is.

I’m Mormon after all, so I date in a different way than what the rest of the world would. Ya see.. in this dating analogy to baseball how the world has it.. well it’s not appropriate for us Mormons and the wonderful law of chastity we believe in. :)

So According my friend Julee and me, we decided that up at bat is the first step at attempting to playing this dating game of baseball. Which we decided symbolizes in this analogy is the act of actually talking to the boy. You may hit some strikes, or even some foul balls, but eventually with practice you'll hit a ball, and make it to first base. ;)

First base meaning.. first date. ;) Which can be quite the accomplishment. The run to second base is getting that second, third, fourth.. etc etc. you get the point- multiple dates. Which we can also refer it to casual dating. :)

Now on to second base. Julee was right about it being holding hands, because holding hands symbolizes commitment.. and that we would classify as being steady dating. aka boyfriend/girlfriend. ;)

Third base of this little baseball dating analogy for Mormons is being the Engagement part of the relationship. Some of you may think that Engagement should be home plate, but unfortunately for some couples they get stopped by the short stop and call of the engagement for one reason or another.

Then last, but certainly not least, Home Plate.. Which is of course our Happily Ever After. :) Marriage in our Castle- The Lord’s Temple. Where we are seal together for Time and all eternity. :) Awe.

Pretty simple right? Wrong. LOL. Maybe it is for some, but for me.. I am terrible at this game. Which is why I think some of the stories of my own adventures life of dating will be fun to share with you all in this new blog of mine. I hope you all enjoy.

Sincerely,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment