Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Prize

“I’m not a prize to be won” –Princess Jasmine.

I agree with Princess Jasmine. I’m not a prize to be won. I was talking with a friend today about past relationships and I got telling her about one I had clear back in ’05. He liked me and of course I was flattered. So I gave it shot. I was attracted to him; his smile was one to make me melt. :) but he treated like me like I was some prize he had won. Some of his comments sent off some major red flags. the flag that finally set it over the edge is when I was talking to STB about what he thought about this guy (who was a friend of his by the way) and me dating. His response? “I don’t like it” What? Why? “I know how he thinks.” I realized I only dated him because he liked me and I wanted to be in a relationship. Just to be in a relationship isn’t the right reason to be in one. I didn’t like being treated like I was property, and ended it. I learned a valuable lesson that day. That I wasn’t a prize to be won. I’m a daughter of God and deserve to be treated as such. :)

Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment