Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Dating for RMs

As Missionaries we made weekly goals. How many teaching appointments we plan to have, how many new investigators (people we taught/ those investigating the church) we plan to gain that week, along with how many of those we wanted/ expected to become progressing investigators, and how many baptisms dates to have set along with baptisms plan for that week. To find these new investigators we contact people by tracting (knocking doors, talking to people on the street or buses, etc)

Now with that in mind, once we get home we could still use this “tracting” system to find “new investigators” in dating. ;) ;) (those are winks by the way ;)) Now.. I admit I’m not very good at this dating game. I’m not very good, especially as of late, of getting those citas set.

Oh for those of you who don’t know, “cita” is the Spanish word for appointment or date (after all isn’t that what a date is? an appointment of a sort?) which reminds me of a story I like to side track with.

In the MTC one day one of my teachers was hurrying up to finish up class. One of the elders in my district asked him what the hurry was.

“What?.. You got a date or something?”

“Why yes, yes I do. Now let’s pray.”

And he picked on someone to pray and that elder asked him how to say the word date.

“Como se dice, ‘date’?”

“Cita” then realized why he asked that quickly after and added “don’t you dare pray for my date!”

We were all listening very intently to see if he would, and he didn’t. He explained after that he forgot the word that fast. Haha.

Okay back to my analogy. so after meeting people we add them under “Potential Investigators” list. Now this list with dating I got down. I know how to do that part. ;) It’s getting citas with them and making them “new” or “progressing” the difficult part. Let alone getting a Fecha. (Different kind of date ;)) One day perhaps I’ll get the hang of it. LOL.

Sincerely,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment