Monday, December 5, 2011

Exact Love Life

Recently I watched the chick flick “The Wedding Date” Two lines from the film stuck out to me. The first one is when Kat is talking to Nick about his article.

Kat: “You say, and I quote: ‘Every woman has the exact love life she wants.’ That seems like a broad generalization. Do you honestly believe that I want to be single and miserable?”

Then again, later in the film her Dad brings up and quotes the same line.

“I remember reading a fascination article in the New York Times Magazine once, where this guy said, ‘Every woman has the exact love life she wants.’ You know what? I agree with him. But I refuse to believe this this is what you want, Kat. Ever since you were little, you’ve always worried about what other people think. Now, come on. What do you think?”

I never really thought of that before. “Every woman has the exact love life she wants.” Huh? Do I? I don’t think so, but maybe he has a point. I have worried way too much of what others think, that I hid who I am, and use my shyness as an excuse. Am I really trying to have my ideal love life I think I want?

The second line that stuck out to me, that ties into this thought of mine, is:
“The hardest thing is loving someone and then having then having the courage to let them love you back.”

It’s like my sponge analogy I shared yesterday. It’s hard, like rock hard, to love someone, letting yourself fall- especially lovey dovey love, fairy tale type love. To love someone, and then in return having the courage to let them love you back. Giving your whole heart to this one person, and trusting him to not break it in the end.

In thinking about this, I don’t think I’ve ever allowed myself to give my heart to someone. I’ve always been too afraid. Afraid to fall, and not having a guarantee that someone will be there to catch me. The reality is, the only one who has ever broken my heart is me, by not allowing myself to truly fall. :(

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment