Sunday, December 25, 2011

Cook Book

For Christmas today I received a cook book. I asked for one and Daddy provided. ;) “52 Weeks of Recipes” by Clark and Kathryn Kidd. A beginner cook book for nervous cooks- like me. Perfect. :) I’ve been wanted to try and be more adventurous with my cooking ability/ skills. There is just only so much pasta, frozen foods, box foods (you know, hamburger helper and mac and cheese) and fast food one can take. lol! So I’m super excited for my cooking adventure to go further. I thought it would be fun to read the introduction and man was I right! I laugh when I read- and I quote: “And when the time comes for you to think of finding the right person to marry, your prospective spouse will be a lot more impressed if you can put together a good meal than if you simply know the best place in town to get pizza.” LOL! SO very funny! I’ve been told that if I knew how to cook I’d probably be married by now. Bahaha! I just thought that was really funny. (I doubt that’s my only problem. haha) I mostly want to learn how to cook for survival reasons. Don’t you just hate it when you look in the fridge and/ or in the pantry and there’s nothing to eat? Really there is, I’m just sick of eating the same old stuff all the time. I need variety. One this new book of mine will help me gain. :) Yay for Christmas! Yay for Dads! Let the learning begin! ;)

Sincerely,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment