Saturday, December 31, 2011

Blossoming

I recently received a really pretty flower necklace from my Aunt. I like it a lot. It reminds me of the flower on Mulan. I am reminded of her conversation with her father and him comparing her to a blossom flower. He makes the comment: “My, what beautiful blossoms we have this year. But look, this one is late. But I bet that when it blooms, it will be the most beautiful of all” :)

This comment takes place after Mulan meets with the matchmakers and fails miserably. She is told that she will never marry. Which is how I’ve felt a lot this year. Being 25, and still single, aka a menace to society, at times I feel really hopeless. It’s hard when practically all my friends from High School are married.

I like Mulan. She’s so brave and courageous. So comparing myself to her.. well that’s fun. :) I want to be brave like her. I may be a late bloomer to some, but like Mulan’s father says, “I’ll bet that when it blooms, it will be the most beautiful of all.” :)

So for my new year’s resolution, I’m going to work on blossoming into the flower Heavenly Father knows I can become. :)

Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment