Monday, December 26, 2011

Attitude

Today I was talking to my Aunt who is unfortunately going through a divorce. She gave my brother and me some advice, about finding out who we are, learn to stand on our own, and be true to who we are. Also that happiness doesn’t come from another person.

“You can’t find happiness in another person, it’s already there within you. Sometimes we think others can make us happy but that happiness comes from within. Our own happiness can influence others to perhaps feel it inside themselves.” And then she shared a really neat quote that goes along with this: “Attitude is more influential than action. Attitude is a very powerful form of action. Faith is the most powerful form of attitude”

Which reminds me of another quote: “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” Our attitudes matter a lot in regards to our own personal happiness. We always have a choice on what attitude to have and how to react to another person’s attitude. We can choose to take offence when someone is in a bad mood and says something rude, or does something mean, OR we can try to understand where they are coming from. Try to see things from their point of view. Gain a new perspective. We can’t possible know exactly what a person is going through, or what they may be thinking, but we can at least try and understand where they are coming from.

So, the moral of this post.. Happiness won’t magically appear when I get married. It’s already there within me. I am for the most part a happy person. however there are those days when I am not so happy. It’s all about attitude and staying in control of it. I can choice to be happy by the way I act. A little thing.. that makes a big difference.

Sincerely,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment