Saturday, April 28, 2012

The “M” word

Okay so I know I whine and complain about being single and the fact that I’m not married a lot. I even made a blog up for it. haha. But seriously I blame the society I live in, mainly the church, it teaches me “I must get married to go to heaven.” It’s one of the reasons I came here to Earth. To find that eternal companion. The “M” word- Marriage- is everywhere. It’s insane and super annoying! Maybe I won’t be so worried about it if people would  just get off my back about it. “Get married, get married, get married.” Is preached to us single folk all the freakin’ time! OKAY!! I get it! Marriage is important. Marriage is good. Telling me that isn’t helping! This weekend is stake conference, a young single adult conference, so you know what that means, that stinkin’ M word is getting throw around a lot! I have a hard enough finding a boy to go out on a date with me, let alone marry me!

Luckily tonight’s session wasn’t just about marriage. There was also talk about missions (check ;)) and education. I suppose that is where my aim shall be considering that is something I can control. :) Something to keep my busy and occupied. I’m told that “it” will happen when I least expect it. (I wrote a post about that theory so if you want to know more about it, go look for it.) It’s very confusing. “don’t expect it, but be extremely worried about it” all at the same time. whatever. I’m done. If it happens, it happens. I honestly don’t count on it happening any time soon, if ever.  

Sincerely,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment